Be part of Tempo FM
Tempo FM is solely run by volunteers who have an interest in presenting and producing a wide range of programmes for everyone in our local community.
We have a great mix of music genres and magazine programmes that give Tempo FM a unique local flavour.
We’re always on the look out for new talent, so whether you want to sit in the studio hot seat or help in the production of shows, please get in touch by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
BILL BAKER – 1944 to 2017
It is with great sadness that we have to announce the loss of Bill Baker, who died suddenly on the evening of the 14th September. Bill was one of the founding directors of Tempo FM, a colleague and friend to all at the Station. Many listeners will know him as ‘A Grumpy Old Man Talking Common Sense’ on a Saturday morning, as well as his amusing ‘Bakers Dozen’ programme, which he produced weekly for the last 416 weeks without missing even one week!! We think of Anne, his wife and his family at this time.
Bill’s funeral will be held at ‘The Engine Shed’, York Road, Wetherby on Wednesday 4th October starting at 2pm. In will be informal and concentrate on the more humorous side of Bill’s life.
YOUR RADIO – Tempo FM broadcasts on 107.4FM locally and online worldwide. We broadcast distinctive radio programmes, made by and for the people of Wetherby. We have something for every listener, whether you’re interested in local issues, a specialist music enthusiast or a local sports follower.
What's On Today - Tuesday
- 12:00 am: Radio Books
- 1:00 am: Short Story by a local author
- 5:00 am: 'Earth Beat'
- 7:00 am: 'Breakfast' with Peter Hampshire
- 9:00 am: 'Not the Midweek Show' with the NTMS team and Eric Ovenden
- 12:00 pm: 'Feel Good' with Sophie Nugent
- 5:00 pm: 'Drivetime' with Mike Davison
- 7:00 pm: ‘Off the Beat 'n Track’ with Ailsa
- 8:00 pm: ‘Hit ‘n Mix’ with Gary Roberts
- 10:00 pm: 'Townscape' or 'The Beacon' with Eric Ovenden (Beacon 4th week each month)
- 11:00 pm: ‘Now and Then’ with Kevin Rouse
Please consider supporting your 100% volunteer run Local Radio Station, Tempo FM. The station costs us £200 to run each week.
A donation of just £5 makes a tremendous difference.